They say you are what you eat, and when it comes to your hair, that’s especially true! Eating a balanced diet, rich in these 10 foods, which can be found in abundance at our supermarkets, will give you the necessary protein to get your hair looking healthy, shiny and full of life.
1. Salmon: Packed with protein, vitamin D and omega 3 fatty acids, which help nourish your hair from the inside out. Alternatively, try sardines, tuna and avocado.
2. Walnuts: They are the only nut which contains significant amounts omega 3 fatty acids! Also, walnuts are full of biotin, the lack of which can result in hair loss, vitamin E, which is great to reverse the effects of aging, and copper, which helps keep your hair’s natural color rich and shiny for longer.
3. Chicken: A great source of protein as well as zinc, iron and vitamin B, all of which are awesome for your hair.
4. Oysters: Full of zinc, which fights against hair loss, and also another great source of protein, which will make your hair fuller than ever.
5. Lentils: Protein, iron and zinc. Big bang for such a bitsy bean!
6. Spinach: The iron, beta-carotene, folic acid and vitamin C in spinach will really keep your hair follicles at peak performance!
7. Eggs: Loaded with protein, zinc, selenium and iron, which help to get oxygen to your hairs and thereby keep them from falling out!
8. Yogurt: Positively busting with protein, and vitamins B5 and D, which help strengthen your hair.
9. Blackberries: Lots of vitamin C, which helps prevent breakage.
10. Sweet potatoes: A great source of the antioxidant beta-carotene, which our body turns into vitamin A. And you know what they say, “Vitamin A keeps the dandruff away!”