Halloumi bites in sesame
17 January 2018
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 to 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 200-g pkg halloumi cheese - cut ino cubes, about 3/4 inch
- Scoop flour onto a plate.
- Beat egg in a shallow bowl. Pour sesame seeds onto a second plate.
- Coat haloumi cubes in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, then roll in sesame seeds to coat.
- Pour oil into a large pot until it reaches 1/2 in. up the sides. Heat over medium. Add a third of cubes to hot oil. Do not crowd pot.
- Cook, turning cubes often, until sesame seeds turn golden brown, 30 sec to 1 min.
- Remove to a papertowel- lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cubes.
- Warm honey in microwave, about 30 sec.
- Drizzle haloumi cubes with warm honey just before serving.