The terms and conditions of use and the confidentiality statement below have been drawn up by the Metro Foods Trading Ltd (hereinafter METRO) and are intended for any person wishing to visit its pages or use its services. For the purpose of conciseness, any natural or legal person visiting the pages of the METRO or using its services is referred to herein as "user". All the services existing on metro.com.cy or likely to be created in future are subject to these terms and conditions of use, whereas visiting the pages and/or using the services of the METRO presupposes their full and unreserved understanding and acceptance. The METRO reserves the right to make at any time changes to the terms and conditions of use and the confidentiality statement below and will therefore inform the users of metro.com.cy of any new provisions. The following terms and conditions of use and confidentiality statement of metro.com.cy do not aim to create nor do they create any form of contractual or other legal obligations of the METRO towards the user.
Save as expressly mentioned (intellectual property rights of third parties, collaborators and operators) all the content of metro.com.cy, including pictures, graphics, photographs, drawings, texts, services provided and, in general, all the files of this Internet site constitute the intellectual property, registered trademarks and service marks of the METRO and are protected by the relevant provisions of national and European law, as well as international conventions and treaties. None of those may be the subject of any sale, copy, modification, reproduction, republication nor be downloaded, transmitted or distributed in any manner whatsoever without the prior written consent of METRO (firstname.lastname@example.org). The other goods or services mentioned on the electronic pages of metro.com.cy and carrying the trademarks of the corresponding organizations, companies, collaborators, operators, associations or editions constitute their own intellectual and industrial property and, consequently, these operators bear the relevant responsibility.
In order to register on metro.com.cy, the user needs to give an electronic mail address (email) on his own responsibility. This address is used for sending newsletters and other informative messages to the users of metro.com.cy.
As the METRO may from time to time request information from the users through inquiries, the participation of the user in these researches will be on a voluntary basis and to this end the users will have a choice as to whether or not give the required information. The information collected thanks to this inquiry will be used for the purpose of better knowing the metro.com.cy users and improve the services provided by this web page.
The users of metro.com.cy may at any time delete their personal data, correct them and/or update them and/or inactivate their registration, by simply visiting the relevant metro.com.cy service.
- The METRO takes all possible measures to ensure that the services it provides are secure, but due to the nature of the Internet, it is not responsible for any damage incurred by the user when visiting metro.com.cy.
- The METRO does not warrant that the pages, services, choices and contents will be provided without interruption or error-free, and that mistakes will be corrected.
- Moreover, the METRO does not guarantee that metro.com.cy or the servers through which this site is placed at the disposal of users do not contain viruses or other harmful components.
- The METRO does not, under any circumstances, guarantee the accuracy, completeness and/or the availability of the contents, pages, services, choices or their results.
- The cost of any possible corrections or services shall be assumed by the user and under no circumstances by the METRO or metro.com.cy.
- The METRO may provide promotional services for advertisers and service providers. The METRO has absolutely no involvement in the booking process or transaction, although it may provide tools to enable the booking process. The METRO makes no claims as to the quality, safety or legality of any of the services advertised. It is the sole responsibility of the advertiser or the service provider to be eligible to supply the services advertised and the sole responsibility of the user to pay for the services.
The METRO collects information from users at different points on metro.com.cy and does not sell or rent this information to third parties otherwise than mentioned herein. The METRO reserves the right to use the data it collects for the purpose of statistics without the users' preliminary consent. Users should also know that when reading the pages of metro.com.cy and of all its services, non-personal information may automatically be collected in the form of small files (cookies) used to recognise users who often visit metro.com.cy, for the purpose of better serving them, by improving the presentation, interaction, personal pages and personal indexes.