For the base
1) Add milk, coffee and cognac in a bowl and stir.
2) Dip lady finger biscuits inside and spread on the base of a glass baking dish of 22x32 cm.
For the crème
1) Boil 4 cups of milk. Mix sugar, eggs, corn flour, cocoa, coffee and vanilla in a bowl.
2) Add a little bit of the warm milk and keep mixing.
3) Add the corn flour mix in the boiling milk and stir until the crème thickens.
4) Add plain dark chocolate and once melted, add butter.
5) Let crème thicken well and take off the stove.
6) Spread over the lady finger biscuits.
7) Let it cool down and place a cling film on top. This will prevent the formation of skin over the top. Place in the fridge for 4-5 hours to thicken.
For the frosting
1) Add whipping cream and icing sugar in a bowl and beat well with a hand mixer until fluffy.
2) Spread over the mocha crème.
3) Garnish with grated chocolate.
4) Place crème in the fridge to get cold.
A recipe by Chryso Lefou