1. Remove the crust from the bread and cut into small cubes.
2. Brush your pot with the oil.
3. Place the cubes of bread in the pot and try to give a nice shape.
4. In a bowl mix all the ingredients for the French toast mixture.
5. Add the mixture to the bread and press with your fingers until the ingredients are homogenized.
6. At the same time, in a small pot, place all the ingredients of the sauce (except the zest) and boil over low heat.
7. Stir often until the strawberries melt.
8. With the help of a hand blender, mash your sauce and add a little lemon zest.
9. Spread evenly 3 tablespoons on the French toast.
10. Place in a pre-heated oven at 220 degrees for about 6-7 minutes.
For the cream
1. In a bowl add all the ingredients for the cream and with a whisk homogenize.
2. Transfer to a pastry bag and leave in the refrigerator.
1. Remove the French toast from the oven and garnish with the cream, 1 tablespoon sauce, strawberries and icing sugar.
A recipe by Stavri Georgiou