1) Wash the pumpkin seeds with cold water and let dry.
2) Prepare the butter: Add flour, corn flour, salt, oregano in a bowl and stir.
3) Add soda slowly and stir. Place butter in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4) In another bowl, crumble anari cheese, feta and then add halloumi cheese, oregano, pepper and eggs. Stir well.
5) Fill the pumpkin flowers using a teaspoon and seal with the petals to cover the cheese mix inside the flowers. Fill all the pumpkin flowers.
6) Place a small pot on the stove and fill up in half with vegetable oil. Once warm, dip pumpkin flowers in the cold butter and then fry for 10 minutes or until they get a nice golden colour.
7) Be careful not to add too many flowers each time as this will lower the temperature of the oil and the flowers won’t be crispy. Once fried, place on a kitchen towel paper.
A recipe by Chryso Lefou