Lemon is not only healthy and packed with vitamin C - essential for the cold months of winter- but is also a a great and inexpensive alternative way to clean and refresh our house.
- Polish copper by rubbing it with a cloth soaked in lemon and buffing it dry.
- Rub lemon on your faucets to remove limescale, hard water stains, and soap residue. It also works on porcelain.
- Remove unsightly underarm stains from shirts and blouses, simply by scrubbing them with a mixture of equal parts of lemon juice and water.
- Add half a lemon to the dishwasher load for sparkling, spot-free and clean smelling dishes.
- For an all-purpose cleaning solution: combine lemon juice, vinegar, and water in a spray bottle.
- Cut a lemon in half and sprinkle baking soda on the cut section. Use the lemon to scrub dishes, surfaces and stains.
- For a natural furniture polish, combine 1 part lemon juice with 2 parts olive oil.
- Create a wonderful, natural air freshener by mixing lemon juice and water in a spray bottle.