Gold and bronze ornaments add elegance to the Christmas Tree, so if you are a fan of golden, bronze, cream and champagne colours, this tree is for you.
You will need:
- Ornamental balls of various sizes in sets of two colours e.g. gold and cream, gold and bronze, gold and champagne or even gold and transparent!
- Warm clear Xmas lights – 2-3 sets depending how big is your tree
- Garlands, ribbons and small bows in gold colour and either cream or brown depending on what is the colour of the other set of ornaments.
- Pinecones, sprayed in golden, bronze, cream or champagne colour
How to use:
Pinecones and garlands: Attach the end of each ribbon to a pine cone with hot glue. Repeat for each pine cone. Gather the loose ends of the ribbons together and adjust them to stagger the pine cones. Tie a knot to secure the ribbons and then hang from the tree.
IN NATURE WE TRUST
The idea in decorating a Natural Xmas tree, is to use eco-friendly materials, colors found in nature for example green, orange, wood and handmade ornaments.
You will need:
- Dried fruit e.g. big slices of dried orange, grapefruit
- Spices such as cinnamon sticks, star anise.
- Ornaments in natural colour e.g. beige
- Wine corks
- Pine cones
How to use:
- Dried Fruit, cinnamon sticks and twine: Take 10-15 slices of citrus fruit and cinnamon sticks. Pierce, with a big needle, the slices, and pass them through a twine. At the end of each side, tie a cinnamon stick. You have created a natural garland.
- Wine corks, cinnamon sticks and twine: Using a drill, pierce the wine corks. With a thick needle, pass the twine from one side of the cork to the other and repeat until you have the desired length. Once you finish, tie a cinnamon stick on each side.
- Pinecones and garland: Attach the end of each ribbon to a pine cone with hot glue. Repeat for each pine cone. Gather the loose ends of the ribbons together and adjust them to stagger the pine cones. Tie a knot to secure the ribbons and then hang from the tree
- Twine and ornaments: Give a natural look to your ornaments by tying twine around the ornament. Begin by securing, with a strong glue, one end of the twine at the top of the ball. Apply glue around the ball and carefully, start to wrap the twine, from top to bottom. When you get to the bottom of the ball, cut the twine and glue the edge. Afterwards, reattach the end of the twine, secure it to the bottom and wrap the string vertically in the center of the ball, 3-4 times. When finished cut the twine and secure it to the top of the ball.