1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
2. Place the olive oil and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium/high heat. Add the cubed butternut squash to the pan and cover. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally and re-covering. Add more water, if it all evaporated before squash is tender. When Squash is tender, remove the lid and add the garlic and spinach. Saute for minutes
3. Remove from heat and toss in the cooked sausage. Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Lay the cooked lasagna noodles out on a clean work surface. Divide the ½ cup ricotta cheese mixture evenly between the noodles and press the filling evenly down each noodle.
5. Divide the sausage/squash mixture between the noodles and spread the filling out amongst each noodle. Top with mozzarella cheese and roll.
6. Place, spiral side up, in the prepared baking pan.
Make the sauce:
1. In a bowl whisk one egg, add the remaining 1 ½ cup of ricotta cheese, 250 ml of fresh cream, the shredded sage leaves and season with salt and pepper
2. Pour the sauce over the top of the lasagna rolls.
3. Sprinkle the reserved parmesan over the top of the sauce.
4. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted.
5. Remove from the oven and drizzle the top of the pasta with the reserved sage and enjoy!